Cost $345.00 per person
SPI Assessment Prerequisites
The SPI Assessment can be taken directly following the SPI Course if the candidate successfully completed the course and meets the Assessment prerequisites. However, it is highly recommended that the SPI Course candidate takes time practicing and consolidating the skills learned on the course before assessment (6 months).
You meet the SPI Assessment Prerequisites if you:
- Have successfully completed an AMGA Single Pitch Instructor Course or AMGA Top Rope Site Manager Course.
- Have lead a minimum of 40 traditional rock routes. A large number of these should be at 5.6 or higher and on a variety of rock types.
- Are capable of comfortably leading 5.6 or higher traditional routes at the time of the assessment.
- Are capable of comfortably climbing 5.8 while on a top rope.
SPI Assessment Schedule
Day one will look at climbing movement and all aspects of technical systems from anchoring to assistance skills and general climbing competence.
On day two the Exam Director or SPI candidate will arrange for volunteer (non-paying) novice climbers to act as clients for the candidates to instruct in a group setting. The candidates will facilitate a complete guided day of climbing for the volunteers.
The candidate must show the examiner they have the technical and instructional skills to pass the AMGA Single Pitch Instructor Assessment. The SPI Assessment is broken down into four distinct evaluation sessions; climbing movement, technical skills, teaching ability and group management skills and candidate are evaluated by the AMGA marking system categories.
- Risk Management
- Client Care
- Technical Systems
- Terrain Assessment
- Movement Skills
- Mountain Sense
- ProfessionalismRefund Policy: When you book your trip please note the refund policy:Up to 1 month (30 days) you will receive a full refund minus any credit card charges which can be up to 3%After 1 month or 30 days up to 2 weeks before your trip date a 50% of the amount is refunded. After 2 weeks or 15 days before your trip there will be NO refund and funds are forfeited